Ephs Out Loud
Ephs Out Loud is a student-led initiative, sponsored by the Williams College Department of Music and designed to promote community engagement and collaboration through music. Ephs Out Loud provides opportunities for Williams students to participate in programs including community-based performances and workshops, educational programs at local schools, and partnerships with Williams groups and local organizations. Ephs Out Loud believes in the power of music to build community and promote collaboration between people with different backgrounds and experiences.
Our programming is always changing and expanding, but in the past it has included:
- Performances and workshops at community locations including Mass MoCA, Sweet Brook nursing home, and Mohawk Forest housing community
- A chamber music residency at Mt. Greylock Regional High School during Winter Study
- Free private instruction for Mt. Greylock Regional High School students
- The Berkshire Symphony Family Concert, with performances and activities for local kids
- Workshops in three local elementary schools to prepare students for the Family Concert
- On ongoing relationship and volunteer opportunities at local music education program Kids 4 Harmony
- A community contra dance in partnership with Kids 4 Harmony
Opportunities to get involved range from fun, one-day commitments to ongoing programs and leadership roles for interested students.
Read more about EOL programming at Mt. Greylock Regional High School here.
EOL Facebook page
For more information contact Anna DeLoi ’18: [email protected]